Sunday, June 1, 2008

whippersnapper








A lot of moms like to brag on their babies when they can walk early, or crawl, or sleep through the night all the time....I like to brag on my baby cause he can play the drum with alternating hands, and "sing" he can also carry on a conversations using hundreds of words (that we don't understand except for "momma" and "Daddy" and "Hi Daddy." he likes to carry on a conversation with the pastor....while he is preaching, we are going to have to work on that. I am also proud of him because we gave him a crayon and he conquered his first instinct "ooh, bright and colorful, must put in mouth now!" and learned how to scribble with it.
Summer is officially upon us, evidenced by the intense heat and muggy weather. Tonight we had a marvelous lighting storm, with rain and hail. Noah thought it was rather intense, but he seemed to enjoy it.
Caleb is starting a flooring job tomorrow morning which should last for a good part of the summer. The rest of the summer he plans to turn a nice collection of wood pieces to build up a good stock for art fairs and other selling possibilities. I will be at home with Noah except for the few weddings I have scheduled and a few other photo jobs. I am enjoying the peace and stillness of being at home all day long. Noah is changing so much every day, and I don't want to miss any of it.
The other pictures that I posted are of Caleb's metals project which was a hitch to attach the jogger to a bike; and some of my ceramics pieces from my ceramics class. I am postively addicted to working with clay and I wish I could do it on my back porch like Caleb turns wood, but that will have to wait until we have a little more space.


No comments: